Call Us 24/7!

Ventura Marriage and Fiancé Visa Attorney

Reunite with your Loved One with our Ventura, CA Immigration Attorney

The power of love can overcome borders. The USA provides lovers with the opportunity to reunite within the country. Our Ventura marriage and fiancé visa attorney at El Camino Inmigracion can aid in making that reunion a reality!

Before you begin the immigration proceedings, you should consult a Ventura immigration attorney. Call our Ventura law office today to schedule a consultation!

Why Should I Hire a Ventura Marriage and Fiancé Visa Attorney in California?

Immigration officials can be strict when assessing petitions. A seemingly small error can be the reason for them to deny your petition. Are you willing to risk the chance to reunite with your loved one by skipping an attorney?

El Camino Inmigracion possesses the legal experience and an eye for detail that maximizes the chances of approval. Take advantage of our know-how, aptitude, and negotiation skills to ensure the success of your application.

We’re happy to serve our clients with any immigration issues. If you’re ready to take the next step in your path to immigration, call our California immigration law office today!

What is a Marriage Visa?

A marriage visa allows the foreign spouse of a US permanent resident or citizen to immigrate to the USA. There are two kinds of visas under this category: CR1 and IR1. 

CR1 (Conditional Resident) visas are available for partners who have been married for less than two years. After two years, you can apply to have the conditions removed. After this, you will get a ten-year green card. 

The IR1 (Immediate Relative) videos are for couples with more than two years of marriage. Immediate relative visa holders have ten years before needing to renew their green cards

How Do I Become Eligible For a Marriage Visa?

The primary eligibility requirement is to be a spouse, that is, a lawfully wedded wife or husband. Living together does not make you married, at least in terms of visa applications. Some common law spouses could qualify, depending on the laws of the country where the marriage occurred. 

The next requirement is for a sponsor to be a U.S. citizen or a green card holder. The sponsor must be at least 18 years old and have a residence in the USA before they can sign the Affidavit of Support Form.

What Documents Do I Need for a Marriage Visa?

Each case may have different requirements, but most of them need the following: 

  • Passport
  • Civil documents
  • Two 2×2 photographs
  • Affidavit of Support
  • Medical examination forms

If you want to know if your paperwork is complete, you can ask our knowledgeable Ventura immigration lawyer. 

What Is A Fianc(é)e Visa?

A K-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows a foreign fianc(é)e to lawfully enter the USA and get married to their sponsor within 90 days of arrival. After marriage, the foreigner can apply to have lawful permanent resident (LPR) status within the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).  

How Do I Qualify as a Fiancé/Fiancee?

Immigration law defines a fiancé/fiancee as the recipient of an approved Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)). The foreigner must also have an issued K-1 visa. 

Both the K-1 applicant and the US citizen should have been legally allowed to marry at the time the petition was filed. They also must have met in person at least once within the last two years, barring certain exceptions for extreme hardship.

If you want to know whether you qualify for the K1 visa, you should consult our experienced immigration attorney at El Camino Inmigracion. 

What Documents Do I Need to Get my K-1 Visa?

Here are some of the requirements for a K1 visa:

  • Completed online nonimmigrant visa application (Form DS-160)
  • Valid passport
  • Evidence of relationship
  • Birth certificate
  • Medical examination forms
  • Police certificates
  • Death or divorce certificate (for previous spouse)
  • Two 2×2 pictures

Are you having trouble applying for your fiancé’s visa? El Camino Inmigracion can assist you with document preparation so that you can quickly reunite with your loved one.

What is the Difference between an Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visa?

In the United States, there usually are two types of visas: nonimmigrant and immigrant visas.

An immigrant visa allows you to live permanently in the United States. A nonimmigrant visa is usually for a temporary stay. Examples of nonimmigrant visas include certain employment visas, travel visas, and student visas. 

What Happens if I Overstay My Visa?

The bulk of people who gain unlawful status in the United States do so by overstaying their visas.

Overstaying your visa is a serious immigration offense that may prevent you from reentering the United States. If you want to continue living lawfully and qualify for visa renewal, you must remember your visa’s expiration date.

If you plan to renew your visa, you should start the process six months before it expires. A savvy immigration lawyer can help you efficiently get through the process.

How Do I Avoid Accusations of Marriage Fraud? 

The US government considers marriage fraud a serious crime. This crime occurs when a person intentionally marries a US citizen just to dodge immigration laws. The penalties can involve $250,000 in fines and five years in prison. You may also pay other penalties, as marriage fraud is often accompanied by other offenses like conspiracy or visa fraud.

You can challenge the allegations in court, but the best way is always to avoid the accusation entirely. After all, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. An experienced marriage visa attorney can help you prevent such issues. 

Here are some ways to avoid marriage fraud accusations:

  • Get ready for the interview questions
  • Prepare all the required documents
  • Solve any issues that can potentially come up

If you want to ensure that your application follows the letter of the law, it’s best to get the legal advice of our skilled immigration attorney from El Camino Inmigracion.

Call our Ventura Marriage and Fiancé Visa Attorney

The best approach to make sure your immigration petition is handled properly is typically to work with an immigration lawyer. A knowledgeable California marriage & fiancé visa attorney gives you the best opportunity of achieving your objective of reuniting with your loved one in the U.S. as husband and wife without encountering unneeded obstacles.

Give us a call today and speak to a California immigration attorney from El Camino Inmigracion today!

El Camino Inmigracion provides legal services for all types of immigration cases, including:

Call Us!
(805) 477-0070

We Can Get You Into The United States

Sidebar Form

We're Here to Get You into the United States!

Ask a California Immigration Lawyer

Allow our immigration attorney to solve your problems. Whether it’s your legal status or general questions about the immigration process, don’t hesitate to ask law office!