Call Us 24/7!

Ventura Employment-Based Immigration Attorney

Work Visa & Employment Immigration Lawyer

In the Land of the Free, anyone can make a better life for themselves. All that they need is guts and hard work. Not many countries provide the same opportunities to reside in them. If you want a promising future for yourself and your family, immigrating to the United States is a great option! One of the ways to lawfully enter America is through an employment visa, which our Venture employment-based immigration attorney can help with!

If you want to see whether employment based immigration is best for you, you can consult our California immigration law firm to schedule a consultation. 

Why do I need an Employment-Based Immigration Attorney in California?

The United States is the most sought-after country for higher education, professional development, and personal development. If you want to work in the United States but don’t have a green card, you’ll need to apply for a US visa. However, obtaining a work visa is not easy. With thousands of immigrants applying for visas, you need everything to go right the first time. Otherwise, you’d just be wasting time and money. 

Employers must ensure that their employees and contractors are legally permitted to work in the United States. In fact, if you fail to comply with federal and state employment regulations, you could face severe penalties and criminal charges. Employing an experienced employment visa attorney to assist you in obtaining employment visas for your employees can reduce your risks and protect your company.

In any case, if you want to fulfill your American Dream, you should speak with an experienced California visa lawyer. El Camino Inmigracion’s most trusted employment visa attorney will be by your side throughout your employment immigration process. Call our Ventura law office now to schedule a consultation on your immigration matter.

What is an Employment Visa?

An employment visa allows people with certain skills and qualifications to use them to benefit the US. A valid visa basically grants official permission to enter, leave, or stay in a country for a given period. 

Employment visas, as the name suggests, are given to those whose stay in the country relates to work. 

What’s the Difference Between an Immigrant and Non-immigrant Visa?

The difference lies in the permanence of the stay. Immigrant visas are given to people who want to reside or work in the US in a more permanent capacity. On the other hand, a nonimmigrant visa is given for work on a temporary basis.

What are the Various Kinds of Nonimmigrant Employment Visas?

You may opt to first apply for a nonimmigrant visa. After certain requirements are met, you may be eligible to change your status.

We listed the different nonimmigrant visas under the employment category and who qualifies under each:

  • H-1B: Specialty Occupation
  • H-2A: Temporary Agricultural Worker
  • H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker
  • H-3: Trainee or Special Education Visitor
  • L: Intracompany Transferee
  • O: Individual with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
  • P-1: Individual or Team Athlete, or Member of an Entertainment Group
  • P-2: Artist or Entertainer under a reciprocal exchange program between the US and another country
  • P-3: Artist or entertainer to perform, teach, or coach a culturally unique performance
  • Q-1: Participant in an International Cultural Exchange Program

If you think you qualify under any category, you make sure by employing the legal services of our Ventura immigration attorney. Call El Camino Inmigracion today for answers to your immigration issue. 

What are the Categories of Immigrant Employment Visa?

Hiring skilled workers from other countries is an excellent way for many organizations and businesses in California to alleviate labor shortages. An employer must first demonstrate that there is a need to hire someone from outside the country because no one in the US is qualified to do the job.

If you want to apply for an employment-based visa, you can choose from five options.

First Preference EB-1 Visa Category: Priority Workers and Persons of Extraordinary Ability

You may qualify for this category if you are one of the following:

  • Persons with extraordinary ability: If you can demonstrate national/international recognition in arts, sciences, athletics, business, or education, then you may fall under this subcategory.
  • Outstanding professors and researchers: To be eligible for this subgroup, you need at least three years of experience in research or teaching and international recognition. 
  • Multinational managers or executives: This subgroup includes people who have been employed as executives or managers in a company that’s connected to a US employer

Second Preference EB-2 Visa Category: Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability

People who belong in this category belong to one of the two subgroups:

  • Professionals with an advanced degree: This means either education beyond a Bachelor’s/baccalaureate degree or a baccalaureate degree and at least five years of experience in the relevant field.
  • Persons with exceptional ability: This includes individuals with significantly above average expertise in the fields of business, arts, or science. 

Second-preference applicants typically need labor certification and a job offer from a US employer. However, there is an exemption to this requirement: the National Interest Waiver. Under this waiver, a foreign worker with certain qualifications can petition themselves for entry into the US.

Third Preference EB-3 Visa Category: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers

EB-3 visas are for skilled workers and professionals from other countries. This includes:

  • Skilled workers with a minimum of 2 years of work experience/training
  • Professionals with at least a Bachelor’s degree from a US university or a foreign equivalent
  • Unskilled workers who can fill jobs that need less than two years of experience or training

Fourth Preference EB-4 Visa Category: Special Immigrants

There are many subcategories under this group: 

  • Certain United States broadcasters
  • Religious ministers
  • Certain religious workers
  • Beneficiaries of petitions or labor certification applications filed before 9/11
  • Certain retired NATO-6 civilians
  • Certain spouses and unmarried children of deceased NATO-6 civilian employees
  • Recruits of the US Armed Forces outside the country
  • Special Immigrant Juveniles
  • Certain retired International Organizaton Employees
  • Certain spouses or unmarried children of deceased International Organization Employees
  • Certain foreign medical graduates
  • Iraqi and Afghan nationals who have provided faithful and valuable service to the US government
  • Iraqi and Afghan interpreters/translators who have worked directly with the United States armed forces or under Chief of Mission authority
  • Certain Former Employees of the Panama Canal Company or Canal Zone Government on April 1st, 1979
  • Certain Former Employees of the US Government in the Panama Canal Zone
  • Certain Former Employees of the Panama Canal Company or Canal Zone Government

Fifth Preference EB-5 Visa Category: Immigrant Investors

Foreign investors who wish to take a shot in the US market can qualify for this visa category.

There is a chance that you already qualify for legal status! If you’re ready to take the chance at living the life you deserve, call El Camino Inmigracion to schedule a consultation. 

Contact Our Ventura Employment-Based Immigration Attorney For Your Immigration Needs!

El Camino Inmigracion attorneys work closely with clients to make the immigration process as easy as possible. We have a long track record of successfully obtaining visas, green cards, and citizenship for those we represent. We’re ready to guide you at each step, from permanent residence to naturalization. 

Don’t wait any longer to achieve your dreams. Contact us immediately to avail our immigration services!

El Camino Inmigracion provides legal services for all types of immigration cases, including:

Call Us!
(805) 477-0070

We Can Get You Into The United States

Sidebar Form

We're Here to Get You into the United States!

Ask a California Immigration Lawyer

Allow our immigration attorney to solve your problems. Whether it’s your legal status or general questions about the immigration process, don’t hesitate to ask law office!