Call Us 24/7!

Green Card for Parents

Let Your Parents Experience The American Dream With The Help Of Our Immigration Lawyer

Want to bring your parents to the United States but don’t know how to start? El Camino Inmigracion is a top-notch legal firm specializing in immigration law. Our team of experienced and dedicated attorneys is committed to providing exceptional legal services,  especially to those who are seeking green cards for parents of US citizens in Ventura, CA. 

A green card for parents is a type of family-based immigration visa that allows US citizens to sponsor their parents for permanent residency in the United States. This means that once your parent(s) receives a green card, they can live and work in the US permanently.

With our extensive knowledge of the US immigration system and our unwavering commitment to our clients, we strive to ensure that every client achieves their immigration goals. We understand that obtaining a green card for your parents can be a daunting and challenging process, but we’re here to help you every step of the way. Call our Ventura law office today to schedule a consultation!

Why Do I Need A Green Card Lawyer In Ventura, California?

Bringing your parents to the United States from another country is a complex and arduous process. The rules surrounding green card applications are intricate and obtaining clearance can take a considerable amount of time. That is why retaining the services of our immigration lawyer at El Camino Inmigracion can be an advantage. Here’s why:

  • Professional Legal Advice – Immigration law can be complex and constantly changing, and it can be challenging to navigate the US immigration system without legal guidance. Our green card lawyer can provide you with the legal knowledge and support you need to understand the process, comply with requirements, and increase your chances of success.
  • Assistance with Document Preparation – The process of applying for a green card involves extensive documentation, including forms, affidavits, and supporting evidence. We can help you ensure that your documentation is complete, accurate, and properly organized, reducing the risk of delays or denials.
  • Personalized Strategy – Every immigration case is unique, and our green card attorney can develop a personalized strategy tailored to your specific situation. We can help you assess your eligibility for a green card, identify potential challenges, and develop a plan to overcome them.
  • Representation in Court – If your green card application is denied, our legal team can represent you in court to appeal the decision or seek other legal remedies.
  • Peace of Mind – Applying for a green card can be a stressful and emotional experience. Having our lawyer by your side can provide peace of mind and help you navigate the process with confidence.

If you need assistance with your green card application in Ventura, California, contact El Camino Inmigracion today. Our team of green card attorneys is here to help you achieve your immigration goals.

What Are The Eligibility Requirements For Green Card For Parents?

As a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible to bring your parents to the United States on a Green Card if you meet the following criteria:

  1. You must be at least 21 years old
  2. You must be a U.S. citizen
  3. You must be able to prove your relationship with your parents
  4. You must have sufficient income or assets to support your parents once they are in the U.S. and to prevent them from becoming public charges
  5. Your parents must not have any grounds for inadmissibility, such as a criminal history, health issues, or previous immigration violations

If you meet these eligibility criteria, you can start the process of sponsoring your parents for a green card. Keep in mind that the process can be complex and time-consuming, and it’s recommended to seek the assistance of our green card lawyer in Ventura.

What Documents Do I Need To File?

When filing for a green card for your parents, there are several documents that you will need to provide to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). These documents are essential in proving your parents’ eligibility for permanent residency in the United States. 

  • Proof of your U.S. citizenship, such as a birth certificate, passport, or certificate of naturalization
  • Proof of your relationship with your parent, such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, or adoption papers
  • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, completed and signed by you.
  • A filing fee for Form I-130
  • A copy of your parent’s passport biographical page
  • Two passport-style photos of your parent
  • Proof of financial support, such as your tax returns, W-2 forms, or pay stubs, to show that you have sufficient income to support your parent
  • If applicable, a translation of any non-English language documents
  • If your parent is in the U.S. already, a copy of their I-94 arrival/departure record or other evidence of their legal entry
  • If you have any siblings, you’ll need to provide their information as well, including their names, dates of birth, and immigration status

Keep in mind that additional documentation may be required based on your specific circumstances. It’s recommended to consult with our immigration attorney at El Camino Inmigracion to ensure that you have all the necessary documents for your parent’s green card application.

Where Should I Submit Green Card Application For Parents?

If your parent is currently residing in the U.S. and is eligible to adjust their status to permanent residency, you will need to submit the green card application to the USCIS. Specifically, you will need to file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, along with all the required documents and fees to the appropriate USCIS service center.

If your parent is currently residing outside of the U.S., you will need to submit the green card application through consular processing at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your parent’s country of residence. You will first need to file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with USCIS. Once your petition is approved, it will be sent to the National Visa Center, which will then forward it to the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate.

Call our Green Card Lawyer Now!

Are you struggling to bring your parents to the United States and give them the better life they deserve? The immigration process can be complicated, time-consuming, and stressful, but El Camino Inmigracion is here to help.

At El Camino Inmigracion, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional legal services to our clients. We are committed to helping families like yours achieve their dreams of living and working in the United States. Don’t let the fear of the unknown hold you back any longer. 

Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you bring your parents to the United States and start building a better future together. We also offer help with other areas such as marriage & fiance visas, family immigration, and employment-based immigration.

Call Us!
(805) 477-0070

We Can Get You Into The United States

Sidebar Form

We're Here to Get You into the United States!

Ask a California Immigration Lawyer

Allow our immigration attorney to solve your problems. Whether it’s your legal status or general questions about the immigration process, don’t hesitate to ask law office!