Bringing Your Fiance To The Us? Don’t Let Green Card Application Process Overwhelm You!
Obtaining a green card for the fiances of US citizens in Ventura, CA can be a complex and challenging process. From understanding the eligibility requirements to going through the visa application and interview process, there are many potential obstacles that can arise. For couples who are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to start their lives together in the United States, these challenges can be frustrating and overwhelming.
At El Camino Inmigracion, we understand the challenges that couples face when trying to obtain a Green Card for a fiance. Our experienced and knowledgeable legal team is here to help simplify the process and guide you through every step of the way. Whether you are just starting the visa application process or need help with a Green Card interview, we have the resources to help you achieve your goals.
Before you begin processing the papers for a fiance visa, you should consult our Ventura immigration attorney. Call our Ventura law office today to schedule a consultation!
Why Should I Hire a Fiance Visa Attorney?
Our fiance visa attorney is all you need to help make the process of bringing your fiance to the United States as stress-free as possible. With our specialized knowledge, we are able to guide you through all of the complexities that can come with filing a petition, while providing peace of mind that everything is done correctly and according to regulations.
- Experience and Knowledge: Our fiance visa lawyer has the experience and knowledge of the Green Card application process for your fiance. We can provide you with guidance and support to navigate the complexities of the legal system and ensure that your application is completed correctly.
- Personalized Attention – Our legal team can provide you with personalized attention and guidance throughout the application process. We can answer any questions you have and ensure that you understand the requirements and procedures involved in obtaining a Green Card for your fiance.
- Avoiding Delays and Mistakes – By working with our fiance visa lawyer, you can avoid common mistakes and delays that can occur during the application process. We can ensure that all forms and documents are completed accurately and submitted on time, helping you to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Greater Chance of Approval – Our team can help you to present your case in the best possible light, increasing your chances of approval. We can help you to address any potential issues or concerns that may arise during the application process, ensuring that your application is as strong as possible.
Put your trust in our fiance visa attorney today and we’ll ensure that all the paperwork involved in bringing your beloved gets done quickly and accurately. We’re happy to serve our clients with any immigration issues. If you’re ready to take the next step in your path to immigration, call our California immigration law office today!
What Is A Fiance Visa?
A Fiance Visa, also known as a K-1 Visa, is a temporary visa that allows a foreign national to enter the United States for the purpose of marrying a U.S. citizen. The visa is issued to a foreign fiance of a U.S. citizen and permits them to enter the U.S. for a period of 90 days.
The fiance visa process involves several steps, including the U.S. citizen filing a petition on behalf of their fiance, and the foreign fiance submitting an application for the visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy in their home country. Once the visa is approved, the foreign fiance can travel to the U.S. to marry their U.S. citizen partner within the 90-day period.
After the marriage, the foreign spouse can apply for a Green Card, which allows them to live and work permanently in the U.S. However, it is important to note that obtaining a fiance visa and a green card can be a complex and time-consuming process. And it is recommended to seek the guidance of our immigration attorney to help streamline the process successfully.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements For A Fiance Visa?
To be eligible for a fiance visa, both the U.S. citizen petitioner and the foreign fiance beneficiary must meet certain requirements. Here are some of the basic eligibility criteria for a fiance visa:
- U.S. Citizen Petitioner – The petitioner must be a U.S. citizen and must be able to demonstrate that they have a bona fide relationship with their foreign fiance.
- Intention to Marry – Both the petitioner and the foreign fiance must have a bona fide intention to marry within 90 days of the foreign fiance entering the U.S.
- In-Person Meeting – The couple must have met in person at least once within the two years preceding the filing of the fiance visa petition. There are certain exceptions to this requirement, such as when the in-person meeting would violate cultural or religious customs.
- Financial Support – The petitioner must be able to demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources to support their foreign fiance without the need for public assistance.
- Admissibility – The foreign fiance must be admissible to the U.S. This means that they must not have a criminal record, be inadmissible for health or security reasons, or have violated immigration laws in the past.
It’s important to note that these are just some of the basic eligibility criteria for a fiance visa. The application process can be complex and it’s recommended to consult with our Ventura immigration attorney to ensure that all eligibility requirements are met and the application process goes smoothly.
What Documents Are Required For Fiance Visa Application?
Gathering all necessary documents ahead of time can help streamline the entire process and put one’s mind at ease regardless if it’s an original application or even a renewal. Being organized up front will make sure there are no surprises down the line.
Below are the common documents that you would need to prepare:
- Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance – This is the primary document that the U.S. citizen petitioner must file to initiate the Fiance Visa process.
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship – The U.S. citizen petitioner must provide evidence of their U.S. citizenship, such as a U.S. passport, birth certificate, or naturalization certificate.
- Evidence of Relationship – The petitioner must provide evidence of their bona fide relationship with their foreign fiance, such as photographs, emails, and other documentation that demonstrates the nature of their relationship.
- Affidavit of Support – The petitioner must provide an Affidavit of Support, which demonstrates that they have the financial resources to support their foreign fiance once they arrive in the U.S.
- Police Clearance Certificate – The foreign fiance must provide a police clearance certificate from every country where they have lived for six months or more since the age of 16.
- Medical Examination Results – The foreign fiance must undergo a medical examination by a designated physician to ensure that they are not inadmissible to the U.S. for health reasons.
- Passport and Photos – The foreign fiance must provide a valid passport and recent passport-style photos for the visa application.
Call Our Immigration Lawyer In California Now!
If you’re planning to marry a foreign national and want to bring them to the United States, applying for a fiance visa is not an easy process. Our immigration attorneys at El Camino Inmigracion understand the challenges and pain points that applicants face when applying for a visa for their fiance.
At El Camino Inmigracion, we can provide guidance and support every step of the way, helping you to prepare the necessary paperwork, determine the legal requirements, and increase your chances of success.